Ken Samson is one of our favourite up-and-coming UK producers. He’s had loads of tracks included in our Alternative Rap UK Spotify playlist and ‘In Heaven’ by Lynk Leo is in there right now.
But who is Ken Samson? We decided it was time to find out by asking him ten quick-fire questions…
How old are you?
- I’m 20.
Where are you from?
- Born in the Philippines. Moved to Nottingham at age 10.
What are three things you love?
- Curly-haired women, good food, and of course, my family.
What are three things you hate?
- The smell of almond, a messy environment, and being told what to do.
If you weren’t doing music, what would you be doing instead?
- Probably something boring like studying Accounting/Finance at university – no offence to those that are! lol
How would you describe your music in one word?
Who makes up your team?
- My family’s full of creatives. My sister helps me with the aesthetic/branding side. My mum helps me decide which songs to release and which ones are whack.
- My boy Adz has been pushing me from day one, especially with the industry side of things. He lined me up the studio sessions with House of Pharaohs.
- Then there’s artist/producer Lynk Leo, Blackovelli, pre kai ro, Smash Fiction, Skeete and a lot more. They know who they are!
Which other UK artists (from outside your team) do you rate?
- Octavian, Mura Masa, The Code, HOP, Jay Prince, Jevon, Ross from Friends, Young T & Bugsey, and so much more to mention. I feel like the UK scene is in its golden era right now.
Who is your favourite artist of all time?
- That’s a hard one.
What’s been the highlight of your music career so far?
- It’s between the Nines Crop Circle placement and having Blink Twice (with pre kai ro) on a Times Square billboard.