Charlie Bowdery is an up-and-coming rapper and producer from Cornwall. We just added his latest hit ‘Too Real’ to our Alternative Rap UK Spotify playlist and we recommend checking out his Clockwork album.
But who is Charlie Bowdery? We decided it was time to find out by asking him ten quick-fire questions…
How old are you?
- I’m 22 years old!
Where are you from?
- I’m from Cornwall, in the South West!
What are three things you love?
- I basically live and breathe music. But other than that, I also skate and ride BMX!
What are three things you hate?
- I hate not being taken seriously, liars, and most of all rain – because it basically prevents you from doing anything, haha!
If you weren’t doing music, what would you be doing instead?
- I guess I probably would have focused more on skating and riding, but I really couldn’t imagine not doing music. It would suck!
How would you describe your music in one word?
- Unique. I feel like my music is a blend of a variety of genres and therefore creates a new unheard sound!
Who makes up your team?
- My team is literally me! Haha. I am fully independent. I write, record, and perform everything myself!
Which other UK artists (from outside your team) do you rate?
- I listen to a lot of UK music, my favourites being M Huncho, OFB, Aitch, and so many more! The UK is popping in the music scene right now!
Who is your favourite artist of all time?
- My favourite artist of all time would have to be Biggie. You just can’t fault him. He had everything, from amazing lyrics to insane flows!
What’s been the highlight of your music career so far?
- The highlights for me have just been getting music out there for people to hear and playing live shows – recently the main stage at Nass Festival and Leopallooza! More music will be coming out very soon, so watch this space!